- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 708
- Fat Content: 48.2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59.7g
- Sugar Content: 51.1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7.1g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Very berry trifle
- frozen-mixed-berry - 500g pack frozen mixed berry, we used summer berry mix, defrosted
- cherry - 150g red cherry jam
- madeira-cake - 300-350g madeira cake, cut into roughly 3cm cubes
- custard - 500ml tub custard
- mascarpone - 250g tub mascarpone
- caster-sugar - 5 tbsp caster sugar
- double-cream - 400ml double cream
- sherry - 3 tbsp sherry
- chocolate - berries, grated chocolate or rose petals, to decorate
- Mix the berries and cherry jam together, and spoon into your trifle bowl. Scatter over the Madeira cake and push down a little into the berries.
- Put the custard, mascarpone and 3 tbsp sugar in a bowl together and beat until smooth, then dollop all over the trifle. Put the double cream, remaining 2 tbsp sugar and sherry in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Cling film both the trifle bowl and cream and chill until ready to serve. You can do this up to 24 hours in advance.
- To serve, spoon the sherry cream all over the trifle, then scatter with your favourite decoration.
Good Food magazine Christmas recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has frozen mixed berry, cherry, madeira cake, custard, mascarpone, caster sugar, double cream, sherry and chocolate.