- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 25g
Walnut & almond muesli with grated apple Recipe
Walnut & almond muesli with grated apple is a Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has porridge oats, flaked almonds and walnut piece.
- Milk - milk, to serve
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin Seeds - 15g pumpkin seeds
- Raisins - 80g raisins
- Porridge Oats - 85g porridge oats
- Flaked Almonds - 15g flaked almonds
- Walnut Piece - 15g walnut pieces
- Puffed Wheat - 15g high fibre puffed wheat (we used Good Grain)
- Apples - 4 apples, no need to peel, grated
- Put the porridge oats in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring frequently until they're just starting to toast. Turn off the heat, then add all of the nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon, then stir everything together well.
- Tip into a large bowl, stir to help it cool, then add the raisins and puffed wheat and toss together until well mixed. Tip half into a jar or airtight container and save for another day - it will keep at room temperature. Serve the rest in two bowls, grate over 2 apples and pour over some cold milk (use nut milk if you're vegan) at the table. Save the other apples for the remaining muesli.