- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 433
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.81g
Wintry vegetable crumbles
- vegetable-stock - 400ml vegetable stock
- celeriac - 450g celeriac, peeled and diced
- carrot - 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- sweet-potato - 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- leek - 2 leeks, sliced
- creme-fraiche - 200ml tub creme fraiche
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- thyme-leaf - 1 tsp thyme leaves
- butter - 50g butter, diced
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- ground-almond - 50g ground almond
- parmesan - 50g parmesan, grated
- flaked-almond - 25g flaked almonds
- Pour the stock into a pan and bring to the boil. Tip in the celeriac, carrots and sweet potato, then add the leeks. Cover the pan and cook for 10 mins.
- Beat the creme fraiche with the flour and mustard. Stir into the vegetables until thickened, then add the thyme and season. Remove from the heat.
- For the crumble, rub the butter into the flour and ground almonds. Season, then stir in the Parmesan and flaked almonds. Spoon the filling into small ovenproof dishes and scatter the crumble on top. If freezing, wrap in cling film, then foil. To defrost, thaw overnight in the fridge.
- To cook, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
Crumble recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has vegetable stock, celeriac, carrot, sweet potato, leek, crème fraîche, plain flour, wholegrain mustard, thyme leaf, butter, plain flour, ground almond, parmesan and flaked almond.